Saturday, April 25, 2009

West Lafayette












I have a lot of blogging to get caught up on. For those of you who did not know we are now in West Lafayette Indiana. We left Rexburg Idaho with our car and Jeep and trailer and drove for thirty hours in three days. We were very blessed with wonderful friends who opened their homes to us.

Apartment
We love our new apartment. It looks a lot like our old apartment in Rexburg but it is bigger. We have two bathrooms now and a balcony. I really like the balcony. I put two plants out there. I have not had very good luck with plants in the past so hopefully I will give them just enough love that they can stick around and be beautiful. We also have a skylight in our family room and a vaulted ceiling.

Town
So far we really like the city. It is really pretty here. There are trees everywhere and it is pretty flat. We live next to a corn field. It was 80 degrees today so spring is here for sure. Something we noticed about the city is that everyone has a dog. I mean it, everyone. People walk them all the time and they are in everyone's cars. Our neighbors have a miniature grey hound that is really cute. I don't see us getting a dog any time soon though so don't worry.

Church
We really love the ward we are in. It is really large and they are just about ready to split, they are just waiting on a new building. We already went to a ward activity, kareokee. It was really fun. There are also a lot of relief society groups I am excited about. There is a couple that lives in the fourplex next to ours and they are going to grad school as well. They have a little girl who is a month older than Austin. Her name is Brielle! We have become friends with them. They invited us over for dinner on Friday and we had a really good time. We also met another couple in the ward that invited us over for dinner. They have a son who is about Austin's age. They are really nice and a lot of fun. We really miss our friends and family but I couldn't feel more welcome here.

I will have a few random pictures for this post. Here is a picture of a dresser we fixed up. We still have plans for it which include a mirror and a new pull for the cabinet. We also went to an activity on campus and it was really neat. They had bugs from Africa and other animals and mimes. We spent about two hours walking around and looking at the different tents each department had up.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I saw that picture of the roach looking creature and I about passed out at my computer. ICK! You're a brave brave woman! haha! I want to see more pictures of your apartment, it sounds just lovely! We sure miss you guys! Keep us updated often!

Sarah said...

I almost thought you guys got a rabbit. I can see Jeff doing it... maybe? ...no? :)

That roach gave me the shivers! But the little caterpillar is a cute chubby grubbie.

Sarah said...

did anybody else hear the almost audible silence in that mime picture? :)