Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lafayette Fair


This is Austin's friend Brielle.


We went to the fair with our church group, Moms and Tots. Austin and Brielle liked the goats.


This one smiled for me.


It's hard to see Austin's reactions because he wanted to wear his hat.




You can see where he hurt himself when he fell off my exercise bike. It has gotten a lot smaller and I'm hoping there won't be any scarring.



Brielle was so funny. She wanted to get close to the goats but every time they came to the fence she would scream and move to the back of her stroller.


so precious


Big blue eyes.


We went into the bunny and bird house. It smelled pretty bad but the kids liked the bunnies. Austin did not like the chickens. 


They had some bunnies out of their cages so the kids could pet them.


Austin was being so soft and sweet with the bunny. When I asked him to say goodbye to the bunny he leaned down and gave it a kiss. It made my heart melt.


I loved this cow. It was just a really good-looking cow. I think it was the fuzzy ears that make it really attractive. 


I took this picture for you Jon. Enjoy!

We had a really good time looking at all the animals at the fair. The next day Jeff and Austin and I went together as a family. Our favorite part was seeing a guy sculpt a raccoon with a chain saw and a stump. It was really neat. Even Austin liked sitting there watching him. I didn't get a picture of it though...sorry. We also ate some yummy food and Jeff won a visa gift card by putting his name into a drawing. I also got to see the cakes that two of my students submitted to the fair. I was so proud of them! I was talking about how good they did and I took some pictures and one of the other women there asked if they were my daughters. I felt a little embarrassed when I told her no they were my students. It was just nice to be out together as a family. It reminded Jeff of his 4H days and Austin enjoyed himself. The fair is one of my favorite parts of summer.










No comments: