Sunday, November 2, 2008

Austin Powell Kennington





When we got Austin's certificate of his church record it said Austin Powell Kennington. I was not very happy. Austin's middle name is Redd, which is Jeff's middle name and his Mom's maiden name. The worse part is Powell sounds like Powers to me so it's like Austin Powers. The ward clerk has to get it cleared with Salt Lake to get it changed and our ward split so we are in a new ward. It will take at least four more weeks to get it changed. I'm afraid it will never be changed and he will be known as Austin Powell Kennington for the church.

6 comments:

Alycia said...

I was totally thinking Austin Powers! Sorry about the trouble with the name. I am sure it will get fixed. Just stay on them!

Susan Staus said...

I was so thinking that you wrote "Austin Powers"! That's so funny! But I do know it's frustrating! Stay on top of them! Mark your calendar for 4 weeks from now and then ask them if you don't get a new certificate. Remember, they are men!
Oh, I love the first picture!!! He so cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how frustrating!! Can't you show them his birth certificate? I hope it is fixed soon. And man he is so cute!

Carrie Snider said...

That is just weird! Jon brought ours home and realized it's in Spanish. Yes honey, I would like one in English. :)

The Edwards Clan said...

Brielle, I totally misread the title of this post, so I'm so glad I actually read the post itself! I completely thought it said "Austin Powers Kennington" and I thought you must have dressed him up as Austin Powers for Halloween!!! I'm glad to know you did not. Good luck getting everything straightened out!

Patty Kennington-Rooks said...

Good grief, how can someone mistake Redd for Powers? It is kind of funny though.